STUDENT AFFAIRS ASSESSMENT COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP LIST 2014-15
The Student Affairs Assessment Committee is charged with the following tasks:
- Provide guidance and advisory support to the OVCSA on assessment of programs and services.
- Offer a more in-depth understanding of UIC students through data collection focused on student engagement, learning, satisfaction, and climate.
- Discuss and disseminate assessment findings within Student Affairs and to interested persons in the campus community.
- Summarize assessment and research literature relevant to the operation and effectiveness of Student Affairs.
Nick Ardinger, Campus Housing
Paula Benton-Pierce, AAAN
Jose DeLeon, ACE
Carrie Grogan, Campus Programs
Jason Maslanka, CAS IT
Ray Mitic, International Services
Thy Ngyuen, Career Services
Jill Rothamer-Wallenfeldt, The UIC Experience program
Jessica Stewart, Student Development Services
Lynn Thompson, Campus Recreation
Annette Wright, Dean of Students
Julie Wren/Lance Kennedy Phillips, Office of Institutional Research (Ex-Officio)
Rob Rouzer, CAS
Mark Manderino, OVCSA
STUDENT AFFAIRS COMMITTEE ON DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (CDI) LIST 2014-15
The CDI is designed to function under the overall University strategic plan and that of the OVCSA. The charge of the committee is to monitor the implementation of the goals in the OVCSA Diversity Strategic Plan. Those goals are:
- Student Affairs will create a welcoming and inclusive environment that is communicated, supported and infused though all levels and operations of the unit.
- Student Affairs will continue and strengthen the climate of equality by augmenting the existing planning, promotion, assessment, and evaluation of the success of student learning and the development of and equitable hiring practices and open avenues to promotion and professional development for staff.
- Student Affairs will strengthen collaborations among campus and external entities, and internal programs to advance diversity and inclusion.
Eric Armstrong, DOS
Jorge Martinez Romo, Student Employment
Charles Collins, TRIO
Audrey Zimmer, ACE
Jeff Brown, AAAN
Philip Vasquez, Student Dev. Serv.
Stephanie Birk, Career Services
Danielle Simmons, Counseling Center
Samuel Rush, Athletics
Priscilla Velarde, Housing
STUDENT AFFAIRS OVCSA SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP LIST 2014-15
The charge of the OVCSA Scholarship Committee is to:
- Review application submissions from UIC students for OVCSA Scholarships.
- Recommend the current student leaders to receive OVCSA scholarships based upon th e scholarship criteria.
Paula Benton-Pierce, AAAN
Carmen Garza, Student Employment
Tamnekia Grant, Campus Housing
Deidre Rush, Office of Student Financial Aid
Jaime Velasquez, Career Services
Roniciel “Joy” Vergara, Campus Programs
Alicia Sawyer, CHANCE program
Jill Rothamer, The UIC Experience program
STUDENT AFFAIRS DR. MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR. SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE MEMBERSHIP LIST 2014-15
The charge of the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship Committee is to:
- Review application submissions from UIC students for the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship.
- Recommend current students to receive the Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Scholarship based upon the scholarship criteria.
Jeffry Alton, AARC
Shaffdeen Amuwo, Public Health
Clara Awe, Pharmacy
Milagros Ines Crespo, Architecture, Design and the Arts
Jorge Alberto Girotti, Medicine
Charese Jackson, Nursing
Marchello Johnson, Financial Aid
Carlotta Johnson-McGowan, AAAN
Mary Larsen, Engineering
Millie Luz Mendez, College of Dentistry
Alejandro Mendoza, LAS
Jonathon Medrano, NASP
Christopher Miller, Education
Kenneth Morgan, UHP, Applied Health Sciences
Sharron Porter, TRIO
Beth Powers, Special Scholarship Programs
Omare Villagrana, LARES
Demetria Antwonette Ward-Kato, Graduate College
Stacey Lynn Walters, College of Business
Kelly LeRoux, Urban Planning
William Rodriguez, Dean of Students