The importance of a supportive‚ safe‚ and nurturing environment for students is fundamental to the work of Student Affairs and is accomplished through the infusion of strategic goals into the daily operations of all units. OVCSA has developed three strategic goals that chart the direction of Student Affairs’ work with students. The goals are as follows:
- Goal 1: Provide programs and services and operate facilities (partnering with other campus units as appropriate) that enhance student learning and result in student success.
- Goal 2: Provide programs‚ services‚ and facilities (partnering as appropriate with other campus units) that distinguish UIC as a productive‚ enjoyable‚ and welcoming environment.
- Goal 3: Develop additional financial resources and manage all resources well.
Selected Strategic Initiatives
- The First Year Experience
- Commuter Student Success
- African American Males
- Healthy Lifestyles
- Professsional Activities to increase national prominence
- Outstanding Facilities
- Excellent Customer Service
- Resource Management and Development
- Student Learning and Asessment