The Gordon J. Flesch Scholarship was established to provide financial support to UIC undergraduate students who demonstrate involvement in co–curricular activities with career aspirations in the areas of business, finance or entrepreneurism.
Scholarships valued at $1000 will be awarded across the two semesters of the 2017−2018 academic year ($500 during the fall 2017 and spring 2018 terms). The scholarship is one–year non–renewable.
The following criteria must be applicable at time of application and maintained during the term of the scholarship:
- Must be a full–time junior or senior UIC undergraduate student (enrolled at least 12 credit hours) throughout the award period.
- Students should show academic excellence with a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or better.
- Senior students must have two full semesters to complete during the award period.
- Candidates must have completed at least 60 credit hours; at least 24 of the credit hours must be at UIC.
- Candidates must have financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA. The 2017-2018 FAFSA must be on file in order to be considered for this award.
- Candidates must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Scholarship selection committee will review applications for the above noted criteria.
Candidates will be asked to release academic records and financial aid records to the selection committee for the sole purpose of scholarship selection.
To apply for this opportunity, visit UIC SnAP, UIC’s centralized scholarship list and application system.