The Dr. Thomas Beckham Memorial Scholarship was established to provide financial support to UIC student athletes who demonstrate leadership and academic excellence at UIC.
Scholarships valued at $4000 will be awarded across the two semesters of the 2017-2018 academic year ($2000 during the fall 2017 and spring 2018 terms). The scholarship is one–year non–renewable.
A primary component of the Dr. Thomas Beckham Memorial Scholarship is that candidates must be a member of one of the official intercollegiate athletic teams at UIC, not holding a full athletic scholarship. Students must demonstrate involvement in community activities.
The following criteria must be applicable at time of application and maintained during the term of the scholarship:
- Candidates must be full−time undergraduate students (enrolled at least 12 credit hours) throughout the award period.
- Students should show academic excellence with a cumulative GPA of 2.75 or better.
- Candidates must have completed at least 30 credit hours at UIC.
- Senior students must have two full semesters to complete during the award period.
- Candidates must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
- Applications must include a letter or recommendation from one of your coaches.
The Dr. Thomas Beckham Memorial Scholarship selection committee will review applications for the above noted criteria.
Candidates will be asked to release academic records and financial aid records to the selection committee for the sole purpose of scholarship selection.
To apply for this opportunity, visit UIC SnAP, UIC’s centralized scholarship list and application system.