The UIC Eleanor Daley Scholarship was established to provide financial support for undergraduate students who reside in Chicago, demonstrate community service or leadership ability and financial need.
The award will be distributed during the 2017-2018 (half during fall 2017 and half during spring 2018) academic year.
The following criteria must be applicable at time of application and maintained during the term of the scholarship:
- Candidates must be full−time undergraduate students (enrolled at least 12 credit hours) throughout the award period.
- Students should show academic excellence with a cumulative GPA of 3.30 or better.
- Candidates must be permanent residents of the city of Chicago.
- Candidates should have a history of demonstrating community service and/or leadership ability including volunteer participation in a campus or off–campus service learning activity(ies).
- Senior students must have two full semesters to complete during the award period.
- Candidates must have financial need as demonstrated by the FAFSA. The 2017-2018 FAFSA must be on file in order to be considered for this award.
- Candidates must be in good academic and disciplinary standing.
The Office of the Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs Scholarship selection committee will review applications for the above noted criteria.
Candidates will be asked to release academic records and financial aid records to the selection committee for the sole purpose of scholarship selection.
To apply for this opportunity, visit UIC SnAP, UIC’s centralized scholarship list and application system.